Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Milking Cows

 We got to milk cows Monday morning and it was an experience. I have a new found respect for farmers and fresh milk. It was so much harder than I expected! We walked down to the farm on campus and Haley was terrified from the moment we entered. Sean and I took turns holding her and assuring her they were not going to get her. She finally warmed up to the pigs when we convinced her they couldn't leave their pens. She thought they were funny to watch and Whitney got to see one splashing in the water which was fun. I have to say that I am so proud of my conservative Whitney and the way she jumped right in and milked that cow. She took a turn with me first and then wanted another turn with Sean. We are watching her emerge from her shell in exciting ways. We got to drink the milk for breakfast and it goes to make the famous hot chocolate at night which is becoming a tradition for the girls. They love to get their mugs of hot chocolate and go out on the porch to sip it with all the students. What a story we are making here!