Friday, July 8, 2011

Costa Rica Bound!




So we are obviously horrible bloggers but we are starting anew! We are leaving tomorrow for Costa Rica for a month and wanted to keep family and friends updated as well as have a record to print off. I can't believe July 9th is here already and this crazy adventure is actually going to happen. When Sean first proposed the idea of doing a study abroad for the summer, I agreed thinking it would never all actually work out for the kids and I to go with him due to restrictions and finances. I thought he could check in to it, get it out of his system and move on. God has a funny way of leading you to the things you say you will never do. Sean will be studying ecotourism among other fascinating things for a month while the girls and I tag along. So here I am a few hours away from packing up all four of us for a full day of travel tomorrow that will end in San Luis, Costa Rica.

When I got the email today saying it was time to check in for our flight this morning, I had a mild panic attack that we are actually going to do this. I have been a mixture of emotions about it and I think if it was just Sean and I it would be a lot less nerve wracking but what kind of wild adventure am I taking my 2 and 4 year old on? God has definitely paved the way for this trip and I know he has amazing things to stretch our family with and teach us about him and ourselves. That part excites me to no end but the rest scares me to death. Haley is fearless and will most likely get stung by any bug around and jump off waterfalls and continue to make my heart flutter. Whitney is the opposite although she has come a long way in being more adventurous she is like her mom and would much prefer to observe beautiful scenery from indoors a nice air conditioned cabin. Hopefully I will be able to balance the two and stretch Whitney (and myself!) out of comfort zones while keeping Haley in check.

Some of the things we know we will get to do include hikes, milking cows, watching birds, canopy bridges, and going to the beach. The rest for the girls and I is fairly unknown although I know if will be some great bonding time for us without my daily distractions of housework and cooking. I am thrilled about this gift of time before Whitney starts school a few days after we get back.

We will try to update with consistency and should know more once we figure out the internet situation. If you want to know more about the campus, here is the link

http://www.externalaffairs.uga.edu/costa_rica/index.php

Can't wait to share the amazing moments and pictures I know we will have. Be praying for details and safe travels tomorrow as it will be an all day affair.

No comments: